I didn't post at all during August. We pretty much stayed put. The whole of Italy was on vacation, mostly trying to escape the unrelenting heat. It seemed it would never end. It was quite a brutal summer to be honest. Most days it was 36C to 38C and sometimes it would hover at 40C. There was no rain whatsoever and because of the drought there was always the threat of water rationing (which never materialized thank goodness!)
Since this is my photo journal however, I will add a few photos so that August isn't completely forgotten.
Since this is my photo journal however, I will add a few photos so that August isn't completely forgotten.
| We got our Italian Permesso! So we are legally here in Italy. Hooray. |
![]() |
| Farewell dinner for the Guercio couple. (sitting just across from us). When they left it took 8 people to volunteer to take over their jobs. Their replacements don't arrive until mid-Sept. |
![]() |
| Our District. They were the only ones who sang happy birthday to Tom on his b.day! They did a great job of it. |



I think you were too hot in August to post. 😱
ReplyDeleteDidn't we sing to Dad on his birthday? Whoops. I'll remember next year. I think to fully capture August in Rome you need to include pictures of the temperature and the water drought.
ReplyDeleteI feel ya on the too hot thing. Can't wait for cooler temps. Grateful for a well performing AC unit!! I'm glad the water rationing didn't actually have to go into effect.
ReplyDelete