| At the bookstore they had a pamphlet called "Welcome to Italy" for Refugees. Written in 3 languages and very helpful on many topics such as medical, legal, where to sleep if you are on the street, where to go for food, all arranged by cities in Italy. It's an incredible book of information and we wanted our friends to have it especially because Muhammed and ZiZi are going to try to go to France before the baby is born. If born in Italy, the baby will still be considered from Sierra Leone where the parents are from. I'm not sure what will be the status of the baby if born in France, but they are going to try to get across. I am so worried about them. We tried to warn them of the dangers and the unlikely chance of getting across. |
I'm worried about Zizi and baby too. Update us on if they decided to stay put in Italy.
ReplyDeleteAbraham's story is crazy- and to know there are so many stories like his. I'm glad he has found safety and stability there
You do such a great job documenting through words and pictures. Thank you! It's nice to see pictures of things you told me about on the phone.
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine being a refugee and also being pregnant. We will remember Zizi in our prayers.
ReplyDeleteAny updates on Zizi??
ReplyDeleteZizi and Mohamed made it to France. They did have a baby boy. That is all I know, but they must be safe b/c Abraham tells us that he sees them on FB regularly. I asked him for more details and he promises to send them along. All of our contact with Zizi/Mohmaned is through Abraham.
Delete