Friday, June 9, 2017

Milan East

I had my 61st birthday in Rome.  What treat did I want?  Gelato of course.  And not the small one, the big one!  But here is the lesson learned.  It's better just to get one scoop because when you get so many flavors they all wash each other out and you can't taste anything.  So next year.  One scoop....four times!

Walking home after a meeting in the Trastavere area.  Rome is more peaceful at night.

Our district.  We had them over for dinner and afterwards I put them all to work.  Each plastic bag needed the sticker attached.  We only had 600 bags to do so it didn't take long with this crew.

Pre-meeting with the Stake President, the public affairs director for Italy, the RS president, and the public affairs director for Milan East.  A meeting to prepare for the presentation of money from LDS Charities, photos below.

Raimondo Castelloni the director of public affairs for Italy,  the Milan Stake Pres, the Director for all of Banco Farmoceutico,  the director for BF Milan, and Monia the public relation director for Milan East.

This photo made it into the local news.

The givers and the receivers.

We toured San Francesco, one of the beneficiaries of the medicine donation.  

At the campus of San Francesco they have volunteer dentists and doctors from all over Milan who donate their services to the refugees.  Impressive to say the least.

The next facility we toured that benefited from the medicine donations was an organization called ARCA.  They house the girls that have been exploited.  I asked a couple of girls if I could take their photo.  They said yes and before I could snap the photo a couple more jumped in wanting to be included, and then they wanted me in the photo.  

j
The cook, the doctors, one of the girls and her baby, the director, us, the driver who shuttled us all over Milan.

We had to drive from Milan towards Padua for our next meetings.  We stayed here.  Wish we could have stayed forever!

3 comments:

  1. Happy happy birthday, Mumsie! I love you! This post has me thinking about all that can be accomplished if you combine a missionary with a car. I remember days where the public transit was on strike, so it took us 3-4 hours to walk to an appointment. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pic of you with the ladies at arca. I can tell there is mutual love and respect.
    Happy birthday mom! Looks like you celebrated well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this will be a birthday you always remember.

    ReplyDelete