We are now in Utah, USA, as a permanent residents. The mission is officially over. We have been released. We gave our talk in church. We have had a request from the couple who took over for us (Steve and Anita Canfield) to please come back!
We had a wonderful reunion on Sunday, July 29th with our 'original' six children and most of their families. Jake and Natalie had to fly in for the event, so their families couldn't join us. We had visits from friends from high school/college (Greens) and Brussels (Jessie Taggart) and Virginia (Waltons) and from the mission (Scovilles). We had lots of extended family join us as well. It was a glorious day and I remember just stopping for a moment, looking around, and I focused on soaking it in, knowing it was only a moment. Also on this day, Juliette was blessed by her father Jed and the family could join in on that special event as well.
In my talk, I closed with these remarks: 'A mission is hard, there are plenty of sacrifices and frustrations, but knowing you are where the Lord wants you to be is reward in itself. We served in a sliver of history and will be forever grateful we were in the right place at the right time and obeyed the Spirit.
As I write this today, it's Tom's 67th birthday. We are very grateful for the course our lives have taken and we give thanks to God for his merciful blessings.
We had a wonderful reunion on Sunday, July 29th with our 'original' six children and most of their families. Jake and Natalie had to fly in for the event, so their families couldn't join us. We had visits from friends from high school/college (Greens) and Brussels (Jessie Taggart) and Virginia (Waltons) and from the mission (Scovilles). We had lots of extended family join us as well. It was a glorious day and I remember just stopping for a moment, looking around, and I focused on soaking it in, knowing it was only a moment. Also on this day, Juliette was blessed by her father Jed and the family could join in on that special event as well.
In my talk, I closed with these remarks: 'A mission is hard, there are plenty of sacrifices and frustrations, but knowing you are where the Lord wants you to be is reward in itself. We served in a sliver of history and will be forever grateful we were in the right place at the right time and obeyed the Spirit.
As I write this today, it's Tom's 67th birthday. We are very grateful for the course our lives have taken and we give thanks to God for his merciful blessings.



No comments:
Post a Comment