On Easter Monday we had a Stake Activity at Ostia Beach. With the unusual high winds this Spring, the beach was in need of some trash clean-up. Ostia is only 45 minutes from Rome and very near Fiumicino Airport.
 |
| Somebody else had a camera. I got caught! Dad is in the gold/brown coat behind me also with a green bag. Suzanne came with us and stayed with the car which was full of personal backpacks/coats/purses as well as added vests, water, cakes, etc. Suzanne never complained about staying with the car and thanks to her I could participate in the activity! |
 |
| I was after a photo with the missionaries, which was pretty successful with only a few 'photo-bombers'.....however, I was glad to get our Stake President in the photo, far left next to Tom. He is President Sonaglia. |
 |
| President Sonaglia giving a spiritual thought to the group. He works in the TV industry in some capacity. His stake is quite difficult when you consider the Stake boundaries: All the way down to Naples, all the way up to Florence, and includes the island of Sardinia...He once said, "My problem is I have an ocean in the middle of my Stake boundaries." Yeah. |
 |
| The activity was for the youth in the Stake, we are Rome West Stake. Also invited was Rome East Stake. The Stake paid for flights for the youth that live in Sardinia. It was slated as a refugee/member/community service project. |
 |
| I got a kick out of this kid who wanted to wear the protective gloves we handed out. |
 |
| Plenty of trash to pick up....all washed in from the high winds. |
 |
| Elder Melling having way too much fun...but the Elders and Sisters came out on their P-day. Pretty impressive group and we think so highly of all of them. |
 |
| It was a fun activity. Started at 7:30am for us when we picked up supplies from Barbara Ventura's house. The actual trash collection went most of the day. The sun was stronger than we thought and all of us got sunburned. As with any large activity, there was the usual hiccups but the job got done and it was a great day for those who participated. |
 |
| After Conference there were several of these 'jokes' on Facebook. I couldn't resist adding these two to my blog b/c they really are very funny. |
Where's the picture of Suzanne guarding the stuff?! :) I'm glad you got to participate in the activity. I feel for that Stake President. In Utah, our boundaries are a few blocks and it's still hard to be a stake president. Didn't you love conference???
ReplyDeleteNo better place to pick up trash! If you gotta pick up trash might as well have a ocean view and breeze! How fun that Suzanne is visiting!
ReplyDelete