![]() |
| In the front courtyard of the old Villa. |
![]() |
| With INTERSOS we went in their van to pick up the vulnerable residents at Baobab and there was the trusty MEDU van, doing their great work. Here is Gilles and Tom with the Medu cultural mediator. |
![]() |
| We continue to support MEDU for the 2018 year, in their medical van, their psych center in Rome, and their operations in Sicily. |
![]() |
| Inside the Baobab camp we had a nice discussion with Roberto and Rosaria about their camp. We met of course inside the tent that LDS Charities donated! |
![]() |
| After our pick-up at the Baobab camp, we arrived back at the Intersos camp. These boys were a bit reluctant to take a photo, but the Intersos team convinced them it was okay. |
![]() |
| Two of the girls from Eritrea and their baby girl. I can't even begin to imagine what they have just been through and what is ahead for them. |














Wow. Thanks for taking us along on the tour! You guys are doing great work.
ReplyDeleteWhirlwind indeed! It's fun to see your projects all put together in one tour. So much wonderful work going on!
ReplyDeleteWe asked the three girls from Eritrea through an interpreter ("Cultural Mediator" they call them), how long had it been since they left Eritrea? They said one year. They spent most of that time trying to get through Africa, one week in Sicily, two days in Rome and tomorrow they are going to Ventimiglia, on the French border, to live outside under the bridge and try to get into France. Voila a typical refugee story.
ReplyDeleteSorry I take so long to comment. I read the emails when I get them and I really enjoy them. Thanks for taking the time to write all this down.
ReplyDelete