There is nothing like sitting in a room full of 100 plus missionaries signing, "Hope of Israel". The Spirit goes right through you like electricity. I never appreciated that song until I sang it with a roomful of missionaries!
Never think your mission is too hard. Think about what you have to offer these people and who your represent. Through you they can come to know Heavenly Father, His Son Jesus Christ, Joseph Smith, the Book of Mormon, the Plan of Salvation, etc. What a privilege it is to be ordained to teach these things.
Learn from these experiences. You will go on after your mission to become leaders in the Church and in your home. Some of you will get PhDs, but you will never learn more about life than you will learn in these two years. Take full advantage of this opportunity. Enjoy it. You will look back on these days the rest of your life.
He told of being with the First Presidency in a hotel as a newly called Seventy when they invited him into their room to pray with them before they went to bed. They kneeled together and President Kimball gave a very simple prayer where he said, "We have done our best today and we hope our efforts of this day were acceptable to thee". Elder Ballard said, "Don't go ordering the God of the Universe around asking Him to do this and that and bless so and so. Keep your prayers simple just like President Kimball."
He talked about miracles and how they have not ceased. Elder Clayton had talked before him about being a missionary in Peru when there was only one Stake. Now there are 100. We have no idea of the future implications of what we do. We are here in Rome at an exciting time with the temple coming. It is a miracle
.
Elder Clayton - Bring your best to every occasion.
Elder Sabin - You will only be as happy as you are grateful. I really love that one. It is true!
Elder Da Feo - Being ordained to the Priesthood is the power to teach the everlasting gospel (D&C 79:1).
I wonder if the article in the Liahona is also in the ensign? I will have to check.
ReplyDeleteI really love these updates on what you guys are doing. Thanks for taking the time to do take the pictures and write it up.
Thanks for reading them. They are a lot of boring information that only Dad and I are interested in but we don't want to forget!
DeleteEvery time I read your blog I realize how many people are out there doing good in the world. I wish the nightly news was just your blog stories because they're uplifting and the news is all the sad stuff.
ReplyDelete