| Casa Scalabrini 634 is a 2nd reception/camp which brings refugees from the 1st reception centers to help them prepare to go out into Italian society to live a full professional and personal autonomous life outside of a reception center. This complex is downtown Rome. We are touring the complex with the Director Emanuele and Francesca who is from MEDU and introduced us to this organization. This is their chapel, and they are part of the Catholic church, but they respect all religions, even having a special room for the Muslims to worship. |
Those sculptures are ... I don't even know what word to type. They're humbling, raw, and moving. I'm amazed at how many people in the world are doing so much good. Keep up the hard work!
ReplyDeleteVery interesting to hear and see more about casa scabrini since I know they are one of your favorites and hurrah that the project was approved!!!
ReplyDeleteThe sculptures are very moving and heartbreaking.
Congrats on your project! What an amazing experience.
ReplyDeleteOh wow, those sculptures are incredibly touching. When I think of what these refugees have gone through to get there, it really makes you understand how truly desperate they were to get out of their native countries. I can't imagine what that must feel like.
ReplyDelete