![]() |
| The port in Lampedusa. The coast guard boats are on the left side, the port where the refugees land is just behind. |
![]() |
| I can only imagine their thoughts. They are looking at the dock where they landed just a few days ago. It must be a relief to know they made it. |
![]() |
| One of these boys gave me his email because he wanted a copy of the photo. So I tried to send it to kebba.sallah@yahoo.com, but it didn't go through. So one day maybe I can tell him I tried! |
![]() |
| These guys came from Sierra Leone. They had heard of the 'Latter-Day Saints'.....Dad gave them our business card. We told them wherever they land, they can probably find the church. |
![]() |
| The guy in the previous photo with both thumbs up was telling us about his story. He had bodily proof of his sufferings. On his stomach....on his ear.... |
![]() |
| I know, just another photo. But these guys have been in Europe literally for a couple of days. |
![]() |
| The boys were walking into town from the hotspot. They had been here 'since Thursday' they said. 'Are you treated well there? Do you have showers and toilets and a bed?' "Yes, we are treated well!" |
![]() |
| The outside of their building was made from the wood taken from refugee boats. |
![]() |
| I know. It would be nice to hand out Books of Mormon as well, but I doubt the priest and nuns would appreciate that. |
![]() |
| Isn't she beautiful? |
![]() |
| The line-up outside the storage area of the church. There is a huge demand. The shoes they are issued sometimes need to be upgraded. |
![]() |
| The Door of Europe. It's an open door. |
![]() |
| We took a hike around and the beach really is beautiful |
![]() |
| All work and no play? We had to get around and instead of renting a car we got a vespa. Smart! |
![]() |
| Went out for dinner with the Med Hope crew. They ordered. All raw fish. It was great and tasty but a little too much raw fish for me. |




























Dad looks so happy with that group of guys. These people are amazing.
ReplyDeleteIts as if you 2 are at ground zero where these refugees arrive.
ReplyDeleteIts as if you 2 are at ground zero where these refugees arrive.
ReplyDeleteSorry I don't always comment right away but I do read the emails when I get them! Thanks for all the pictures and keeping us updated.
ReplyDeleteIncredible. Daphne had tears streaming down her face looking at all these pictures. What an incredible experience.
ReplyDelete