| Their paperwork must be accurate and thorough and must be mountains high for their innumberable clients. The refugees are referred to MEDU from the Government operated Reception Centers. MEDU is operating with a one month waiting list. The average age is 23/24 years. Mostly from Sub-Sahara, but also Asia, Afghanistan, etc. The majority of migrant routes are through Libya. 180,000 refugees into Italy last year (2016). 60,000 asked for asylum and are hosted in reception centers. 90% are victims of torture. Italy is focused on political refugees. The total of refugees sent to Rome that are living in camps are between 8 and 9,000. |
This sounds like my kind of party! I use CBT all the time. Ask them what they think of EMDR. I'm curious what they think of it, especially working with such a high number of survivors of torture. So glad you guys are the "boots on the ground".
ReplyDeleteWhat a great work you and all these people are doing. So neat to get a glimpse of it in action. What a crazy world we live in that your jobs are even necessary but there is so much good in the world too.
ReplyDeleteOkay. 1. I had been locked out of the blog until today and 2. Wow am I glad to have figured out how to get in! This is incredible. What an amazing experience this is. I love learning all of this and I am excited to share it with my little Herway army.
ReplyDelete