There is an increased presence of law enforcement. Not sure if there was something special going to happen or if they are just being prepared. It's true that most European cities are more alert, expecting the unexpected. It's impressive.
I'm sure most of my blog will NOT be sights of the city, but who can resist the temptation that Rome offers on P-day? Every corner is picture worthy!
Oh, and the title? Jet lag is an enemy to a good night's sleep and everyone has experienced it. Mind you, it's 12:21am and we are fully awake. And that deep sleep won't come until about 9am tomorrow morning right as we need to get out the door!
I'm sure by the next blog we will be more immersed in our work. Nice to have a day in the city before the onslaught. We will have specific training starting on Wednesday and we get the feeling it will be like drinking from a fire hose.
|
Yes, I was awake then! It was only 7:45 pm here. I can't tell you how good it feels to see you guys back in your home stomping grounds of Europe. It is weird to see the increased surveillance. A good thing, for sure, but still weird.
ReplyDeleteSo fun to see the Rome temple being constructed. Hopefully it will be done before you leave! Looks like a fun time exploring before the real work begins.
ReplyDelete